Inside: Choosing the best stroller for Disney can be overwhelming with so many choices! We share the most loved strollers from other Disney moms.
You quickly fold up your stroller fumbling to desperately cram it on the tram without whacking your entire party or the party in the row next to you. If you are lucky enough to avoid the battle of stroller versus tram, count yourself lucky! Especially if you made the mistake of bringing a big, bulky stroller on your Disney World vacation.
With an average of 10-12 miles of walking per day or 70-84 miles for a 7 day Disney World vacation, it makes sense that kids little legs will be tired.
You will inevitably hear, “I’m tired. My legs hurt. Will you carry me?” As a parent of four, these words are burned into my memory like the smell of burnt popcorn.
One topic that repeatedly comes up in many of the Disney mom groups I’m in is what stroller to take on their Disney vacation.
With so many options available, you might ask, what is the best stroller for Disney?
Disney’s Updated Stroller Policy
Before we discuss the “mom-approved” best strollers for Disney, here’s a quick note regarding Disney’s new stroller policy that became effective May 1, 2019. Stroller width must not exceed 31 inches (79 cm), and length must not exceed 52 inches (132 cm).
Disney’s new policy now prohibits stroller wagons such as the Keenz stroller wagon or the Creative Outdoor Distributor Push Pull Wagon for Kids.
If you are stroller shopping on Amazon keep in mind the dimensions listed in the product description can be unclear since they don’t include “W, L, H” directly following the measurements.
Remember, when reading the standard product dimensions on Amazon it will be written as: L x W x D
Best Single Strollers for Disney
The City Mini GT is one of the top recommended strollers for “the best single strollers for Disney,” according to my mom poll. After a quick search on Amazon, it turns out the City Mini GT is one of the highest-rated convertible strollers!
Disney moms rave, “It’s awesome!” “Pushes so easily and folds easily.” “The City Mini GT folds up smaller, and the wheels are much smaller, making it better for the busses. It maneuvers really easily. I find it may maneuver as well as the BOB. It pushes easily with one hand.”
Though it has “jogger” in the name, the City Mini GT is not meant for jogging but does provide baby a comfortable ride no matter the terrain.
- Large canopy
- Folds up small for trams and busses
- Adjustable handlebar
- Suitable for older kids
- Deep recline for comfy napping (a must-have on a hot summer day at Disney!)
- Small basket
- The stroller folds outward – be careful of dirt or damage when transporting
- Noisy Velcro closure for peek-a-boo windows
- Doesn’t stand on its own when folded
The BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 jogging stroller was a close second for the best stroller for Disney amongst Disney moms.
Disney mom’s rave, Bob jogger for naps, more storage, and push. Pushes like a dream! The Bob is so easy to push and navigate it just glides.
Once you get past the sticker shock on the BOB Revolution Flex 3.0, you can rest assured you are getting a quality stroller, designed with parent and child safety in mind. It is definitely a stroller built to last and will provide you many years of use on your Disney family vacations.
- Smooth maneuverability, one-hand steering
- Adjustable handlebar makes pushing easy and convenient for short and tall parents
- Oversized canopy for great coverage and UPF 50+ fabric protection
- One-hand reclining, great for naps on the go
- Decent storage basket
- Expensive and accessories are an additional cost
- Heavy- weighing in at 28.5lbs
- Takes up a lot of space when folded (not ideal for Disney buses or trams)
The Britax B-Lively Lightweight Stroller has taken the place of the highly recommended Britax B-Agile stroller. If you happen to find a B-Agile stroller be sure to check out important recall information found on the Britax website.
The Britax B-Lively Lightweight Stroller offers parents all-wheel suspension and one-hand quick fold for easy transport. It also includes breathable ventilated UV 50+ canopy and extra-large storage basket with front access which is essential for holding all your items (and souvenirs) when visiting Disney Parks.
Disney moms have positive things to say about the newer Britax B-Lively Lightweight stroller.
Tons of storage, easy to fold, good sun shades.
- Infinite recline, so baby lies nearly flat
- Ventilated, UV 50+ “peekaboo” canopy
- One hand quick-fold design for stroller
- All-wheel suspension
- Lightweight stroller
- Height limit may be reached well before the weight limit
- No parent or child tray on stroller
- Non-breathable fabric
- Using the brake system in sandals is awkward
Best Umbrella Strollers for Disney
The Summer Infant 3D Lite is a crowd-pleasing umbrella stroller amongst many Disney moms! If you are traveling through the airport on your way to your Disney vacation, you will appreciate the lightweight frame on this stroller.
The Summer Infant 3D Lite has four recline positions perfect for napping at the park and folding is a cinch.
Disney moms rave, Has a very large shade (larger than most strollers) which is very helpful for the harsh Florida sun! The storage is great, has a carry strap, and the sunshade is awesome.
- Lightweight – Only 13lbs
- Large storage basket
- Adjustable 5-point harness
- Deep recline
- Compact fold
- Parent-friendly price
- Less than smooth ride on uneven terrain
- Canopy lacks peek-a-boo window
- Not recommended for tall toddlers
The UPPAbaby G-LUXE Stroller has a lot to offer your family! It is lightweight, compact, high-quality, and comes well equipped. Featuring a near-flat recline and weighing in at only 15lbs it’s a perfect companion for your Disney vacation.
The newer, 2018 UPPAbaby G-LUXE model weighs only 1lb more but packs some fantastic features like a larger canopy, new parking brake, and larger basket.
Disney moms rave, Excellent stroller for Disney. Uppababy g-luxe!!! It’s comfy too. The seat reclines, which is nice for naps.
- One-handed reclining seat with three-position
- Extendable canopy with SPF 50+
- Automatic lock and self-stands
- Difficult to push on uneven terrain
- Lacks peek-a-boo window on a canopy
- Non-Adjustable handles height
Lightweight and easy to carry the ZOE XL1 won’t take up much room in your home or Disney hotel! Despite weighing only 11 lbs, the ZOE XL1 comes with many features one would find on full-sized strollers, making it convenient for parents and kids.
The vented top on each stroller can be used when the backrest is reclined. On those hot summer days in Florida, you can roll up the rear shade and use the hook and loop to keep the shade rolled up.
Disney moms rave, We have a Zoe XL1 and love it! We’ve been using ours for the past two years. We go to Disney a lot, and this is our go-to stroller for the parks. It’s super light which makes it so easy to fold up and carry on to the bus, there’s a good amount of room on the bottom, and the different colors choices make it really easy to find in stroller parking… especially if our stroller gets moved by a cast member.
- Lightweight – only 11 lbs
- 165-degree recline (for babies 6 months and up)
- One-hand fold
- Large sunshade includes a mesh peekaboo window
- An assortment of color choices
- Not designed for off-road
- No adjustable footrest
- Not suitable for newborns
Featuring a large, removable, adjustable, and water-resistant canopy with UPF 50 this stroller will keep your little one shady without having to worry about extra rays reaching them, perfect for long sunny days at Disney.
The JOOVY Groove is wee baby-friendly too with its bassinet mode and recline, which is perfect if you are still adding Mouseketeers to your family.
Disney moms rave, I love our Joovy Groove Ultralight. The cover is larger so that no sun gets in. It was perfect for napping.
- Adjustable features for babies or toddlers
- Easy to maneuver
- Large canopy with UPF protection and peek a boo window
- Lots of Storage
- Recline can block the storage basket
- Messy when folded
- Handlebars are higher and may be awkward for most parents
- Heavier for an umbrella stroller
Best Double Strollers for Disney
The ZOE XL2 Best is a lightweight stroller, actually the lightest general-purpose side-by-side on the market, with a decent amount of bells and whistles. Featuring a quick fold with self-lock, a surprisingly large storage basket, parent and kids cup holders this stroller is getting high praise from parents.
Disney moms rave, Zoe double stroller and I love it!!! We love our ZOE XL2 stroller. It’s super light with easy to fold locks. It’s great for a lightweight stroller.
- Lightweight and compact fold
- Generous canopies
- Surprisingly decent storage
- Great accessories
- Parent-friendly price!
- Available Online Only
- Recline might not be enough to provide comfortable napping
The Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double Stroller is a mom favorite in the Disney Facebook groups for its multi-functional features, maneuverability, sunshades, and space. It comes as no surprise that it is favored and one of the best selling strollers in the US!
Featuring soft fabric padded seats and long backrests this stroller boasts comfortable and roomy ride kids will enjoy. Seats recline individually in a near flat position. Perfect for when one child is napping and the other wide awake!
Disney moms rave, We own a City Mini GT double as we frequent the parks and it’s the best investment ever! My kids are 7 and 2 and fit great. It’s super easy to manage and fit through doors, storage underneath isn’t the easiest to get things in and out of, but’s a good size space, also has big deep pockets on the back of each seat. We love it!
I have a City Mini GT double, and I absolutely LOVE it for Disney (and so much more!). The canopy is huge, it reclines almost flat for naps, and it maneuvers fantastically!! It’s kinda heavy for the bus, but still doable bc it folds really easy.
- Individually reclining seats with soft padding
- Near-flat recline
- Oversized, individually adjustable canopies with SPF50+
- Amazing folding technology – the stroller folds itself and locks automatically
- Fits through normal doorways
- Agile and can be maneuvered one-handed
- The bar across the back of stroller makes storage challenging to access
- No accessories included
The Joovy Scooter X2 provides Disney loving parents quality for a fraction of many similar side-by-side double strollers. And saving money on your stroller means more money for your Disney trip. Am I right?
It comes in vibrant colors, an appealing design, and is jam-packed with features parents love.
The Joovy Scooter X2 fits through tight spaces which you will find super helpful when souvenir shopping! It is easy to fold, has separate reclining seats, and it has a large storage basket to hold all your things.
Disney moms rave, I ❤️❤️❤️❤️our Joovy Scooter X2!!!!! It was perfect for Disney!!! They slept in the stroller no problem. Easy to turn. Great storage. Love our Joovy. I highly recommend the Joovy Scooter X2 double! We bought ours a few years ago just for Disney trips, and it’s the best stroller for Disney in my opinion! Lots of room for the kids (I have a VERY tall 6yo who still can use it), each seat reclines individually, large canopy, LOTS of basket space underneath, and it’s light and easy to fold!
- Easy to maneuver and fold
- Seats recline separately
- Large canopy
- Huge basket to carry things
- Great quality for the price
- Height of the handlebar cannot be adjusted. Not the best choice for taller people.
- Not for infants under 3 months of age
- Best on smooth pavement – not an all-terrain stroller
Renting Versus Bringing A Stroller To Disney
Lugging a stroller, big or small, can be a hassle if you are traveling. You either have to pack it in an already packed car, or you will be trying to store it for the plane ride.
Well, if that all sounds like too much for you to handle you are in luck. Renting a stroller will take the stress and worry out of your vacation.
Disney Stroller Rental
Many first-time visitors ask if they can rent strollers at Disney World. You sure can! The Disney World parks have both single and double stroller options for you.
Single Stroller Rental
- Daily: $15
- Multi-Day (Length of Stay): $13
Double Stroller Rental
- Daily: $31
- Multi-Day (Length of Stay): $27
The downside of renting strollers directly from Disney is they aren’t comfy. They are hard plastic, with no recline option. Now, I know people say kids can sleep anywhere. However, I just can’t fathom how these strollers are comfortable for napping. For example, Exhibit A
- Disney rental strollers are easily wiped down
- Have a higher weight limit
- Strollers cannot leave the park
- It’s expensive
- Tiny storage
- They are not suitable for infants
Kingdom Strollers is one of several Disney World stroller rental companies. As a preferred Disney provider, Kingdom Strollers is available to deliver your stroller rental (they also rent cribs) on-site to your Disney resort.
If you are staying off-site no need to worry as Kingdom Strollers also delivers to most Orlando area hotels and vacation rentals.
Kingdom Strollers offers a variety of stroller options, both single and double. All of their strollers meet Disney’s new stroller policy so there is no need to be concerned that you will be turned away at the park entrance.
Plus you can save up to 50% off of theme park rental prices!
Current Rental Pricing (cost depends on the model you choose to rent)
- For single strollers: $45-55 (total) for 1-3 nights, $65-75 (total) for 4-7 nights, $85-95 (total) for 8-10 nights and $105-115 (total) for 11-14 nights
- For double strollers: $55-75 (total) for 1-3 nights, $75-95 (total) for 4-7 nights, $95-115 (total) for 8-10 nights and $115-135 (total) for 11-14 nights
- Rain covers and parent consoles included with rental
- Free cooler bag available
- Single stroller options available for up to 70lbs
- You can take them outside of Disney parks
- Coupon code for free grocery delivery (must be staying at Disney owned resort)
- Special needs stroller rental available
- Strollers are cleaned after each rental
- Rental insurance not included but is available for purchase
- Optional snack trays on select strollers for an additional fee
The Best Strollers For Disney Final Considerations
With so many options on the market, how do you know which one is the best stroller for Disney? It really comes down to personal preference and the needs of your family.
Full-size and jogging strollers tend to have more features like larger baskets, cup holders, and full canopies. While umbrella strollers give you that smaller footprint you crave, you might have to compromise on the bells and whistles.
Disney Stroller Tips
No matter what stroller you choose to take on your Disney vacation here are a few final tips to ensure a care-free vacation (at least when dealing with your stroller).
- Be sure to park in designated stroller parking. Cast members will move your stroller to the nearest stroller parking area if not.
If your stroller is not where you left it, look around in the nearest designated stroller parking area. If it still cannot be found, stay calm and contact a Cast Member.
- Worried about tip #1? Consider purchasing a Tile Pro and track your stroller with GPS.
Or Use a bike lock. You cannot lock it to a stationary object, but you can run the lock through the wheels so it can’t be rolled. Personally, we have never had to do this to our stroller. But if you would prefer the peace of mind while on vacation, go for it!
- Mark your stroller with lights or make or buy a sign. Whatever you choose to do to make your stroller stand out from the crowd will help to ensure it can be found quickly. Traveling Mom has some great tips on How to Make Your Strollers at Disney World Easy to Find.
- If you are concerned with theft, don’t leave anything valuable or anything that could appear valuable, but do leave something. An utterly empty stroller is harder to identify. A stroller with bags looks like it might have something worth taking.
Our stroller tends to have drinks, snacks, and maybe a change of clothes in the bottom.
- Invest in a rain cover for your stroller or buy a shower curtain and clips. You will thank me for it during Florida downpours.
- Invest in a stroller fan. Your kids will thank you for it when they are sweltering in the Florida heat!
- Lastly, if your stroller doesn’t have a large basket these PBnJ baby Clip n Go stroller clips are fantastic at holding your bags!
Do you have a stroller or a stroller accessory you LOVE to take to Disney that I haven’t mentioned? Be sure to comment below, and I will be happy to add it to the list.